Orano Canada Inc
Headquartered in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Orano Canada Inc. is a leading producer of uranium, accounting for the processing of 18 million pounds or over half of the uranium concentrate produced in Canada in 2017. Orano Canada has been exploring for uranium, mining and producing uranium concentrate in Canada for more than 50 years. Orano Canada is the operator of the McClean Lake uranium mill and a major partner in the Cigar Lake, McArthur River and Key Lake operations. The company employs over 470 people in Saskatchewan, including about 140 in Saskatoon. As a sustainable uranium producer, Orano Canada is committed to safety, environmental protection and neighbouring communities.
Orano Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of the multinational Orano group offering products and services with high added value throughout the entire nuclear fuel cycle, from raw materials to waste treatment. Its activities, from mining to dismantling, as well as in conversion, enrichment, recycling, logistics and engineering, contribute to the production of low carbon electricity. Orano and its 16,000 employees bring to bear their expertise and their mastery of cutting-edge technology, as well as their permanent search for innovation and unwavering dedication to safety, to serve their customers worldwide.
- Orano's McClean Lake uranium mill is a unique facility
- For Orano being a sustainable company means balancing our economic, environmental and social responsibilities
- Orano works to maintain open communication with our stakeholders interested in our operations.
- Orano's commitment to safety is demonstrated through the actions we take to reduce risk in the workplace
- Environmental monitoring at Orano’s operations is ongoing throughout the projects life cycle
Whom to Contact
- Mrs. Véronique LoewenManager, CommunicationsPhone: (306) 343-4500Fax: (306) 653-3883